Thursday, February 28, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Dunn


Grandma Lived in Eastdale, Colorado and was in school there. Grandpa Dunn was her teacher. They fell in love and were married.
They lived in Eastdale until my mom was born. Just before Edgar was born they moved to Manassa. All of the rest of the children were born in Manassa.
My grandparents were a great blessing in my life and the lives of my brothers and sisters. I remember as children, Betty Jean, Keith, Rex, and I were close in age and did a lot of things together.
One time Keith and Rex got Dad's 22 rifle and were playing cops and robbers and put a bullet in it and were going to shoot Betty Jean and me and the shell jammed in the gun and the gun was never any good after that. I think for Betty Jean and Me that was one of the Lord's tender mercies.
We spent many Sunday afternoons at Grandma and Grandpa's home. We lived in Manassa at that time.
Later when we moved to Romeo, it was fun to go to grandma's house. When our parents died, grandma's house was a place for me to go for solace. I love my grandparents.

9 comments:

Kent said...

When Grandma and Grandpa Dunn lived in the Granery while the house was being built. I understand that Edgar was born in the granery.

As kids, we had a lot of fun playing in the granery which wasn't being used at the time.

Larry said...

Now that you mention it, I do remember the grainery. I remember it from when the Mortenson family lived there.

Larry said...

It sounds like they did stupid things back then just like now.

Kent said...

Care to elaborate?

Larry said...

I would think that taking a rifle and playing like you are going to shoot somebody and jamming the the gun was a stupid thing to do.

In my life I have had several experiences that can be attributed directly to stupidity. I do not want to elaborate too much, because it is embarrassing to admit to stupidity.

I know that others of us have done stupid things too.

To err is human, to be stupid sometimes takes effort.

Kent said...

I have to admit that there has been some stupidity in my life as well. We won't go into that here...

Larry said...

Your focus determines your reality. Focus on those things that you want and you want others to notice.

I love you.

Kent said...

It's wonderful to have a loving brother.

Larry said...

It is nice to have someone that cares.