Saturday, February 7, 2009

Reunion Photos

1. There are too many people in this picture to identify each one, but the reunion took place at the family cabin near Fox Creek, Colorado. The truck belonged to Arlo Vance. This was the Dunn family reunion, but I can't tell you for sure what year it was. I (Kent) can tell that my children would have been young. It may have been in the early 1980's. If you know the year, please comment and let us know. On some of the pictures below, I will identify the people I can. I'll need to rely on you to help me with the faces that my memory fails.



2. This picture is a little easier to identify.

The person to the left of the table is Frances Gillespie. The toe head I believe is Joey Dobbins. The person with the Blue coat is Vera Louise Olivier. People's backs aren't that interesting. Let's home the next picture is more fruitful.



3. It's nice to see people's faces. Vera Louise Olivier is standing to the left next to Max Nite. Max's wive, Karen is standing behind him. Uncle Henry Olsen has an unidentified girl in his arm. Janet Degolyer is playing in the fire. I can't identify the girls in the back, but the person holding the baby in her arms is Nancy McDaniel.




4. This is another picture with a lot of faces. I'm going to name a few in random order. In the foreground, I recognize Joanne Vance, Then in the cloud of people, I see Jeff White, Marcy Vance, Danette Vance, Andrea Vance, Cory Vance, Kent Vance, Jack Dunn, Jimmy Bingham, Bonnie Olsen, Vera Olivier, Janet DeGolyer, Chris Degolyer, Justin Bingham, Rick and Chad Bilstein, Justin Bingham, Jay Bingham, Teddy Bingham, and many many more. If you can find your picture here, let me know and I'll add your name to the list. .




5.
I only see one face in this picture that I recognize. That is Hazel Nite. Everyone else has their back to the camera.













6. The first face to the left is a young Jill Dunn. To her right is Dolores Niebel. Next is Loyd Dunn with one his grandchildren on his knee. I am sorry, but I don't know which of his grandchildren it is. Next is Barbara White, Leon Bingham, and Ina Olsen.

It looks like someone in the background is going to the outhouse that is just behind that big bush.




7. I don't recognize a single face in this photo. I do recognize the huddle around the campfire that is off to the right. The cabin are off to the left.





8. Deann Cornum is standing with crossed arms. I believe the two children are Marcy Vance (Zinn) and Donnie Holman. Jill Dunn and Dolores Mortensen (Niebel) appear to be having an engaging conversation. I wonder what they were talking about.












9. I believe the fellow in stripes is Carl Harbour. In the little grouping in the front, I see Janet Degolyer, Nancy McDaniel, Richard Pagett, and some children I can't identify. Jack Dunn is holding one of his girls here and is talking to me (Kent Vance). I'm holding my son, Robert. I think I see Kay Hensley's distinctive profile behind my shoulder.




10. This is a lineup of the children Simeon Harmon and Anna Buletta Dunn and their spouses. In order from left to right, they are Elma Pagett, Bill Koch, Frences Gillespie, Hazel Nite, Ruth Koch, Edgar Dunn, LaVeryl Dunn, Verden Mortensen, Doris Mortensen, Ethel Forsythe, Henry Olsen, Ina Olsen, Loyd Dunn, and Catherine Dunn.

The majority of them are gone now, but for me, the love and support they gave me as I was growing up will always be with me. There is nothing that is as strengthening as a loving extended family.

Larry Vance posted the pictures, and I have added the descriptions. If you see a face in the pictures that is not listed, you can add a comment, and we'll update the descriptions.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

In 9 I think I'm the one that Jack is holding... I think I remember those sandels and those oh so green pants! :D

Kent said...

It does look like you, but I think it's Tara. It's hard to tell for sure without seeing the faces.

April was Robert's age. April passed away when she was just small.

Unknown said...

Kent, Thank you for such a nice collection of pictures of a Dunn reunion at the cabin. You have a good recall of people.

Larry said...

How does that saying go?

…punish the innocent, reward the guilty, and promote the non-participant.

Kent said...

You are innocent and I'm guilty. There are too many non-participants to worry about.

Kent said...

Mom, the collection of pictures was posted by Larry.

Larry said...

It is just an idiom. But I have seen it in action when I worked at Martin Marietta.

A team had difficulty with a project. The problem was solved and the person that solved it moved to another program. Another person came along that was recognized for outstanding performance when she really had nothing to do with the success. She only got the credit.

Kent said...

Gayle send me the following note: "Gayle Schlegel
to Kent 11:02 AM (8 hours ago)

... I was looking on your Blog and noticed that on picture #10 you forgot Frances.... (Sorry I still don't know how to comment on there)..... Thanks."

Gayle, I have added Frances to the description of #10. I apologize for having missed her.

Kent