Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ethel Leona Forsyth

Ethel Leona Dunn was the second child born to Simeon Harmon Dunn and Anna Buletta Jensen Dunn. Ethel's early childhood years were spent in Eastdale, Colorado. When Ethel was six or seven years of age, the family moved to Manassa. She lived in Manassa until she left home to train to become a Registered Nurse.

After Ethel married Donald Prescott Forsyth, the couple made their home in Los Angeles, California. They lived and raised their children in Los Angeles. Don and Ethel loved to travel to Manassa, Colorado for summer vacations. They always spent some time in the beautiful mountains.


Many years after Don retired, they sold their California home and moved into the Los Angeles Temple Apartments, where they served for a time as temple workers Later they moved to Manassa where they put a mobile home on the property where Simeon and Anna Dunn had made their home in Manassa. When Don passed away, Ethel continued to live in Manassa near most of her sisters and her brother, Edgar.


Ethel is remembered as a sweet and loving woman. Her love of the gospel of Jesus Christ radiated in her life. She served as Primary president and twice as Relief Society president of the Manchester Ward in Los Angeles. Ethel and Don are both buried in Manassa.

This short history was taken directly from A History of the Ancestors and Descendants of Simeon Harmon Dunn and Anna Buletta Jensen, compiled by Vera Dunn Olivier and Published privately in June, 1993.

I Apologize for the quality of the pictures. They are details from some larger photographs and they are the only ones I have. If someone can add comments to this entry that will give us more details about Aunt Ethel, it would be greatly appreciated. Kent Vance


3 comments:

Kent said...

I hope that I can get one of these histories added each week until they all have been added.

I didn't know Ethel as well as I knew Elma, Doris, Hazel, Frances and Ruth. She lived in California most of my life and I only saw her when she visited. Don and Ethel moved back to Manassa when I was in High School.

Ethel is the one that reminded most of Grandma Dunn. She was quiet and soft spoken.

Laraine said...

I have a friend who lived near Don and Ethel in CA. His name is John Russel Haycock. His grandmother is Letha Boyce from Manassa. He has many fond memories of being in Ethel and Don's home in CA. He told me his mother was best friends with Ethel and they were so happy to live near each other.

Larry said...

It is nice to have friends. I wish I had a close friend sometimes.