Monday, May 5, 2008

Anna Buletta Jensen Dunn's Autobiography

(Written in 1956)
I, Anna B Jensen Dunn, aka Annie B. Jensen Dunn, daughter of Christen Jensen and Carrie Peterson Jensen, was born 28 of June 1882 at Moroni, San Pete County, Utah.
When I was twenty-two (22) months old, my parents moved to Richfield, Colorado, with three of us children, Kjersten, myself, and our brother, Pete. Leaving our oldest sister Mary with Father's first wife, who never had any children of her own. We lived in a dugout that belonged to bishop Sarn C. Berthelsen until Father could get the logs and build us a two room house with a lean-to for a kitchen. I have heard Mother tell about the first year they were here, she peeled the potatoes thick. Father planted them and raised a good crop of potatoes.
Father always made two trips back to Utah a year, he always came back with honey, dried fruit, and the top of the trunk filled with red colored woolen stockings, which Aunt Sophi had spun the yearn, dyed it, knit stockings that came over our knees. It was kind of her to do so much work for us, but how I disliked them. I'd lose mine, hide them and be all day getting dressed. I got many spankings over them. Too, I learned if I could get the ones my sister had worn, they didn't itch so bad.
We lived in Richfield until I was fifteen years old, so there was where we received most of our schooling. I remember my teachers, Orlando Funk, Ira Whitney and Jimmy Dyer. At that time Father was getting ready to move his families, we had two families in Colorado, back to Utah. We were all anxious to go, when he was called to move to Eastdale to be Bishop of that Ward. So we moved to Eastdale.
It was there I met and married my husand, Simeon H. Dunn. We have had thirteen children, five boys and eight girls. Two boys died in infancy, one daughter died at the age of thirty-six years, so the children came to live with us.
We are poud of our family and enjoy them very mush, which at present number over ninety, including, in-laws, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.

Taken from, "A History of the Ancestors & Descendants of Simeon harmon Dunn and Anna Buletta Jensen", compiled by Vera Dunn Olivier, Published privately June, 1993, pp 26-27

5 comments:

Larry said...

Thank you Kent. I have enjoyed these posts.

Kent said...

I have enjoyed posting these histories. I saw them when I was a young soldier, but reading them as a mature man with some life experinces under my belt gives me a different perspective.

Larry said...

It would be nice to see some things about those that are still alive.

Allen F said...

In the header picture the great looking handsome kid in the deer sweater between Elma and LaRue is Allen Forsyth.

Kent said...

Alan, you really were handsome!! What happened to all of that hair???

How about commenting on your Mother's article at Ethel Leona Dunn.